Physical Education & Sports Sciences
(Academic Year 2015-16)
In Competitive sports and games this year, our college participated in six disciplines of sports, viz.
Athletics, Basketball (men & women), Chess, Cricket, Football and Volleyball, in the inter-college
competitions of University of Delhi.
- The Basketball men team of our college was in best eight teams of University of Delhi in inter-
college Basketball competitions. These teams participated in other tournaments as well.
- Radhey Krishna Yadav an emerging athlete of the college won 3 rd place in 110 mtr hurdle race
in Delhi University inter-college athletic meet 2015.
- Priyanka Garg a student of B.com (Programme) 1 st year won 2 nd place in long jump in
invitational open athletic meet organised by Lady Shri Ram College of Delhi University.
- Our College Football team participated for the first time in Zakir Husain Memorial invitational
Tournament organised by Zakir Husain College (University of Delhi) and secured second
- Our College Volley ball team participated in an invitational Tournament organised by Northern
India engineering College of Indraprastha University and got the first position.
- As for Inter-mural, four inter-class tournaments in Basketball, Cricket, Football and Volleyball
were conducted. Further, three open championships, viz. Athletics, Chess and Table tennis were
also conducted for the college students in the month of February and March 2016. In these
inter-class tournaments more than 220 boys and girls students of the college participated. Such
a high participation of girl students in the evening college was much appreciated.
- The Annual Sports day of the college for the year 2015- 2016 was held on 5 th April, 2016 in the
college playground in which Karamveer Rathi B.A. (Hons.) Geography 3rd year and Priyanka
Garg B.com (programme) 1 st year were declared best athletes in the men and women sections
respectively. Shri Bhanu Sachdeva, Arjuna awardee in Swimming in 1999, graced the occasion
as Chief Guest and gave away the prizes.