The Dramatics society provides an opportunity to the students to indulge into theatrical activities through street play and stage play.
The society was adjudged as the best stage play society by DU Beat for the year 2014-15 and its impact could be seen in the auditions that had around 175 registrations with only 30 making to the group. Prior to the auditions the group held a workshop for the fresher that went on for three days teaching the fresher the nuisances of Dramatics.
The prelims for IIT Kanpur event “Antaragni” were held this year in the college itself witnessing participation from colleges of Delhi University and other Universities as well.
This year Sangharsh started of its journey with three productions- “Hum Ram KoBhul Gaye”, the street play; “Run For Your Wife”, English Stage Play and “ShakkarKePaanchDaane”, Hindi Stage Play.
ShakkarKePaanchDaane- Hindi Play directed by college students Gursanjham Singh Puri and AbhinavJha as the sole character
- The play won the Second Prize at IIT Kanpur in October 2015.
- AbhinavJha got the Best Actor Award and got a scholarship worth Rs. 62,000 from “Barry John Acting Studio” for his outstanding performance.
- It got selected for Ateliers Theatre Festival and performed at Akshara Theatre on 25th February which was a paid show.
- AbhinavJha got a special mention for his performance at the stage play event of Delhi Technological University.
- AbhinavJha got the Best actor award at Jesus and Mary College.
- AbhinavJha got second Best Actor award for his outstanding performance at Inter Institutional Dramatics Competition of National Institute of Immunology in March 2016. .
- Got selected amongst 40 Stage plays performed at Shri Ram College of Commerce for performance at National Centre for Performing Arts, Mumbai on 11th April, 2016 where the show was witnessed by eminent personalities like AnupamKher, RakeshBedi, Mahesh Bhatt etc.
- During the year performed at various colleges of Delhi University like,Hansraj, KMC, St. Stepehens, Kalindi college to name a few.
Run For Your Wife- English Stage Play directed by SahilVerma and Karan Juneja
- Won third prize at Antragani 2015, the annual fest of IIT Kanpur
- SahilVerma got the best actor award for his tremendous act at P.G.D.A.V. College
- Adjudged Best Jury Award at MahavidyalayaNatyaSamaroh organized by Sahitya Kala Parishad. SahilVerma got the best actor award.
- Got selected for Old World Collegiate Theatre Festival and performed at India Habitat Centre on 20th and 22nd February, 2016. It was a ticketed performance with tickets being sold through bookmyshow.com
- Performed at stage play event of SGTB Khalsa College and SahilVerma got the best actor award.
- Secured Second position at Theatre Festival of Daulat Ram college and SahilVerma was adjudged as the best actor.
- Secured First position at Maulana Azad Medical College with SahilVerma being adjudged as the best actor for his outstanding performance.
Hum RaamKoBhul Gaye- The play was performed at various theatre festivals held across different colleges of University of Delhi. With most of the performances being non-competitive to celebrate the spirit of theatre, the college NukkadNatak was appreciated and was very well received.
- The play won second prize in St. Xaviers College, Jaipur
- The play was performed at National School of Drama on 8th February, 2016 under their festival “Bharat Rang Mahotsav”
- The play was performed at two public places namely, Green Park Metro Station and HauzKhas Market as part of the national level street play festival ‘Manthan’ organized by ShaheedSukhdev College of Business Studies.
Goonj is the Annual Theatre festival organized by ShaheedBhagat Singh Evening College. This year the festival was held from 29th February, 2016 to 2nd March, 2016.
- The Stage preliminary rounds were held on 29th February, 2016 at Muktdhara Auditorium. The preliminary rounds witnessed participation from 25 colleges of Delhi University wherein 05 colleges were selected for final round.
- On 1st March, 2016, the NukkadNatak competition was held in the college. The event being non-competitive, the spirit of nukkad was kept intact with 11 teams enlightening the audience on various social issues that have engulfed the society.
- The Stage Finals were held at LTG Auditorium, Mandi House on 2nd March, 2016. It was judged by Mr. Neel Chaudhary, an eminent Theatre personality.
The event was a huge success and appreciated by all.
Muqaam is the annual presentation of production of various plays by Sangharsh, the dramatics society of the college during the year. This year it is scheduled at LTG Auditorium Mandi House on 26th April, 2016. The Sangharsh team would present the nukkadnatak, “Hum Ram KoBhul Gaye”, stage play in Hindi “ShakkarkePaanchDaane”, the English Stage Play “Run for your Wife”, and the latest bilingual stage play “The Big Five” their special production for the year.